My personal mail address frequently receives mail that intended for others but is misdirected to me. I do let the sender know but sometimes they don’t respond; perhaps the mail is spam or the message was intended for me and I’ve just forgotten who the sender was.
Anyway, several years ago, Grace sent a note to my personal email that she had returned from vacation, and while on her trip, ran across her Grandmother’s recipe for brownies and wanted to “share it with all”.
This recipe sounds pretty awesome, so I’m sharing it with all here:
- 8 1oz squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2.5 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan over low heat and set aside.
- In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at high speed for 10 mins.
- Blend in chocolate and flour until just mixed.
- Stir in nuts
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 35-40 mins. Don’t overbake.
- Cool and frost if desired, but that is not necessary.